Brian walks Aurooba through how Bootstrap works and the conversation turns into a discussion about common design languages and the core concepts of CSS most people, frameworks, and systems employ. They also talk about the role frameworks like Bootstrap play in modern WordPress development and whether they are even necessary. 🤔
A full transcript of the episode is available on the website. Watch the video podcast on YouTube and subscribe to our channel and newsletter to hear about episodes (and more) first!
- Bootstrap documentation – https://getbootstrap.com/docs/5.0/getting-started/introduction/
- Bootstrap variables.scss file – https://github.com/twbs/bootstrap/blob/main/scss/_variables.scss
- Brian's website – https://www.briancoords.com
- Aurooba's website – https://aurooba.com
- (00:00) - Introduction
- (07:39) - The history of Bootstrap
- (10:32) - The pros and cons of Bootstrap
- (14:56) - Cascading style decisions with Bootstrap
- (17:12) - The variables file to rule them all
- (20:18) - Diving into utility classes
- (22:23) - Utility classes in other frameworks and WordPress
- (24:38) - When does Bootstrap make sense?
- (27:03) - Modern WordPress theming and CSS frameworks