Aurooba and Brian convert their simple React accordion into separate, reusable components and discuss the importance of components as foundational parts of the web. Next, they show how to use React devtools in Chrome to quickly examine and debug your components. Finally, they dig into the code with a focus on passing and destructuring the data you pass via props.
A full transcript of the episode is available on the website. Watch the video podcast on YouTube and subscribe to our channel and newsletter to hear about episodes (and more) first!
- Code from this episode
- React Developer Tools
- Brian's website – https://www.briancoords.com
- Aurooba's website – https://aurooba.com
- (00:00) - Introduction
- (01:19) - Components as foundational parts of the web
- (03:33) - Recap of our series so far
- (04:15) - Using React devtools in Chrome
- (08:31) - Our AccordionItem Component
- (13:32) - Passing props and destructuring
- (19:20) - How many components is too many?
- (23:46) - Balancing and planning different approaches in React
- (26:48) - What comes next? A preview on state and interactivity