A full transcript of the episode is available on the website. Watch the video podcast on YouTube and subscribe to our channel and newsletter to hear about episodes (and more) first!
- The code from the episode – https://github.com/viewSourcePodcast/viewSource-blocks/tree/add/accordion-block-components
- The React series playlist – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtmY2Ck_6i0&list=PLqKZJzLBhX4LYt7vhrs3CvJdPrWBugPJ9
- The episode on debugging in WordPress – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7g0Mlh71PYk
- Brian's website – https://www.briancoords.com
- Aurooba's website – https://aurooba.com
- (00:00) - Introduction
- (00:25) - Recap of where we are in the React series
- (02:03) - Rerenders in React
- (06:39) - What is state in React?
- (10:40) - The expand() function
- (14:30) - How a ternary expression works
- (20:33) - Where it makes sense to use a ternary experession
- (26:09) - What's next?
- (27:28) - Taking the editing experience into account when making a block